A colourful step-by-step introduction to making a range of fabric effect flowers, leaves and buds from roses to fantasy flowers
Classic Fabric Flowers in Sugar
by Gary Chapman
Format: Paperback £14.99, ISBN 9781909230170
Hardback £23.99, ISBN 9781909230200
Apple e-book (Epub / fixed layout) £8.99, ISBN 9781909230187
Amazon Kindle e-book (Mobi /fixed layout) £8.99, 9781909230194
Books are Print-on-Demand which means they are printed just for you. This will take between 7-10 days so your order should be delivered in about just over 2 weeks in the UK, slightly longer for overseas. There are three shipping options – UK, Europe and the rest of the world (including USA).
Payment via PayPal – please email for invoice – email@example.com
A natural progression from Fabric Effects in Sugar: First Steps and Basic Skills, re-issued in 2013, this book is solely focused on how to make a range of simple fabric effect flowers and a range of leaves and buds. All of these flowers offer a simple alternative to making the usual sugar flowers, which often take a long time to construct. These techniques are usually quicker but equally attractive.
The flowers featured include: the rolled rose, the pleated rose, a hybrid half rolled and half pleated rose, the cabachon rose, rose buds, simple blossom, textured and double sided blossom, patterned paste blossom, rosette flower, textured fantasy flower, convex flower, concave flower and poinsettia and mistletoe.
- Fantasy inspired flowers are currently hugely popular
- Colour photography and clear instructions
- Full step by step photographs of how to make the flowers
- Includes several different types of fabric effect roses
- Describes the three essential techniques of rolling, folding and pleating
- Illustrates the techniques of double sided paste and texturing or embossing
- Shows the use of flower centres – wired and on cocktail sticks
- Includes stunning floral samplers and examples of cakes featuring fabric effect flowers
- Details many sources of inspiration
- Complements Gary Chapman’s Craftsy class Rolled Fondant Flowers
A digital sampler for the book Classic Fabric Flowers in Sugar
Apple / i-tunes ebook (search for title)